Raja Syed Rather
Ganderbal, Feb 10 : A residential house was gutted in a fire incident that broke out in an intervening night of Wednesday-Thursday at Kurag village in Central Kashmir’s Ganderbal district.
According to the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO), locals said that a massive fire broke out from the residential house of Zahoor Ahmad Wani, son of Abdul Ahad Wani of Kurag Ganderbal at around 02:00 AM.
The Firefighters and locals doused the flames and prevented the fire from spreading to nearby localities, witnesses said, adding that the residential house suffered huge damage.
An official told KNO that the property worth lakhs of rupees got damaged in the blaze, adding that the cause of fire was probably a short circuit.
The locals of the village urged the administration to compensate the losses to downtrodden family at an earliest.
Meanwhile, police have taken the cognizance of the fire incident and have started an investigation into the matter.
The locals have appealed the people to assist the fire victim by providing some money in his account under account number 0125040100009023 —(KNO)